Wednesday 19 May 2010

It's been a week

I've been in my tardis and have time travelled forward a week, I'm sure that is what has happened!

This week I have mainly been doing "house" stuff.

After eight years of the house being demolished by two growing boys, we decided as everything needs painting / replacing / mending, that this year is a year for getting some of those things done at long last, with the vague hope that the boys are now old enough to not completely demolish new stuff!

Well, now the decision has been made, it seems like we are trying to renovate the whole house in a week LOL! 

The worktop up in the conservatory was the start of the process.  Now, you have to understand that I don't have a "man that can" at home.  For all my hubby's good qualities, DIY is not one of them.  So a couple of weeks ago, I found a "man that can".  You ask him to do anything - electrics, plumbing, carpentry, windows - HE CAN!

Now of course, there is a catch.  Next week, he starts working for someone else for six months. So when we agreed that the bathroom was the next job that needed doing and the "Man that Can" told us he could do it this week, it didn't leave me alot of time to get my act together.

Well, after several visits to bathroom showrooms, tile showrooms, carpet / floor showrooms, I have to admit to being overwhelmed by the whole process.

Now, I should probably share with you the fact that I don't "do" shopping.  I do on-line shopping but not proper "in shop" shopping LOL, so it has been a real experience trying to sort out, decide and order bathroom suites, tiling, paint colours, flooring and decorative accessories (the last ones been the most fun!) and don't forget - all within the week!

None of this order it and wait two weeks for delivery - oh no and it all had to be here in the right order for the work to be done.

Now thankfully, Monday came and the "old" bathroom was pulled out, tiles off the wall, empty shell.  Tuesday brought the new bathroom suite put in place and tiling started.  Today brought tiling finished, granite tops cut to size and a new floor (not flooring!) put down.  He says he'll have it all finished by tomorrow night!  That will be grouting, painting and new towel rail put up tomorrow then.

Then Friday, he starts the en-suite.  Now that's not such a big task - just new grouting, new door, new flooring and painting!

Let's not talk about the front room yet, as he can't do that for six months LOL! As you can imagine, it's been a little stressful around here, but from what I've seen so far, I have to admit to loving it!

I cannot believe that I didn't take before photos - but I can bet you that I'll be taking "after" photos that I can share with you.

This is also the time, that we have also thought that the garden needs an overhaul - decking needs repainting as does the shed, as does the fence panels.  The beds need weeding and cutting back, etc etc. So I am absolutely knackered!  And there is still a long list of things to be done....

But my "Man who Can" made me a window box and once I've planted that up tomorrow, I'll share a photo of that with you - flowers are purty :).

Anyway, that's caught you up on this last week.  I think I've gabbled too long :)

Have fun!

No comments: