Friday 23 April 2010

Another wedding invite and my new ribbon storage



Here is another wedding invite that I got in the swap that I did.  This one is made by another one of my lovely downline and in fact the lady that organised the whole swap too - Cate :)

Another very classic, very classy design using the new Vintage Vogue stamp set from the new Mini Catalogue.

Now onto storage.  I had all of my ribbon reels in a box which was great and has done me wonderfully until I ran out of space in the box for the new ribbon - what's a girl to do?  Buy more storage of course.  Some kind person on ILWS pointed out some ink pad storage units from www.craftracks.co.uk and in looking at those, I found the above.  So much room for more rolls :)  I'm thinking that with the addition of new ribbon in new colours in October, I might just need that extra space :)

Now a couple of years ago, I had my own craft room - what luxury!  Well, we have a three bedroomed house and for the previous few years, the boys had wanted to have bunk beds and share.  Suddenly my youngest out of the blue (after about 3/4 years together) asks if he can have his own bedroom back again?  I'd already been kicked out of my study downstairs so that hubby could have a "drum room", yes he really plays the drums and now here I was being turfed out again.....into the conservatory!  How great is that for changing the shades of my paper / card in the sun.  Anyway, that was about a year / 18months ago and I've still never settled in properly and sorted everything out and that is soon going to change.

Now that I am back working from home, I need to get it sorted out so I'm looking at having kitchen cupboards / worktop fitted out in the conservatory so that I can hide my stash LOL!  I'll be sure to post some before and after photos and see how it goes but if you've got any advice of what I should do, feel free to share it with me....and no, burning all of it isn't an option :)

I'm off to Scrappers Paradise for the weekend today, so watch this space for more details next week about the classes we ran.  Enjoy the good weather everyone!

No comments: