Monday 26 January 2009

Okay - I'm back!!!

Phew, well it's all been good fun here!

I am so sorry for the lack of updating. To make up for things, I am going to post everyday (for as long as I can cope LOL!). I have made lots of cards and I have LOTS of birthdays in February so will be making lots more too! So I can share lots with you.

So here is the first proper post on the **NEW** computer. Can I just say that I love my new computer - I felt like I'd had my right arm cut off not having a computer at home - sad that we've become so reliant on machines to keep in touch and up to date but I guess that is 2009 for you!

Well, what have you missed? I can't spoil you all at once can I now?

This week could have been so different! I was invited to attend CHA (Craft trade show) in Los Angeles this week but it never came about. Whilst I was a magazine Editor, I was lucky enough to go to a few of these events (Atlanta and Las Vegas!!!!) and although it is sooooo tiring, I have to say that I am missing all the excitement that goes with the show and the new products that all of the manufacturers are showing.

From what I've seen of Day 1 (yesterday) new / continuing trends seem to be:

1. Bling - rhinestones in abundance.

2. Flourishes - still everywhere in 2009 (which I have to say that I'm very pleased about!)

3. Canvas scrapbook album pages - brought to you by Chatterbox and Donna Downey for Prima

4. Lots of black and white wedding ranges this year too!

5. Jewellery and beading - still getting more popular!

6. Home Decor seems to still be growing too.

7. As do crafts aimed at teenagers. Can you believe that Paris Hilton was there yesterday promoting her new craft range?

So, it's all been fun fun fun and I'm sat here scouring the internet for photos, films and sneaky peeks! Are you doing it too?

I had a box arrive today from Scrapbook Mate for the Design Team and it's very lush. I've been treated to some new BasicGrey, some Piggy Tales, some WeR Memory Keepers and Making Memories - yum yum yum. Can't wait to start playing with that - there are some really scrummy bits in it - maybe I'll take a photo and share with you before I start creating!

So on another point, the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration promotion is going really well and lots of people are benefitting from FREE stamps. Are you one of them? They are lovely and here is a card that Mrs Wonka made with the Polka Dot Punches set.
We had a SU party at her house and although she was very poorly, everyone rallied around to have a fun party. Tempting Turquoise and Pink Passion were used together with Whisper White to create this loud and funky card.

Anyway, don't want to run out of things to say, so I'm going to stop here and save something for tomorrow!

Have fun!

Natalie x

No comments: