Friday 5 March 2010

Flowers flowers everywhere :)


The sun is out is seems this week and Spring may be trying it's best to arrive:)
This has been another busy week for me - is there any other?  I have handed my notice in at work and whilst I had to give 8 (!) weeks, there is now only three weeks to go - arrghhh!!  I am hoping that my weeks will become a little less busy but I'm not sure that they will.  I have lots planned and can't share everything *just* yet but I'll be working from home again and continuing to build my Stampin' Up! empire too LOL!

Anyway, the scrapbook layout above has two purposes.  Firstly I was called at 9pm on the night before going to the Make It Show.  They had been let down by a workshop and is there anyway I could pull together a workshop for 20 for 1.30pm the next day!  Of course, I said - no problem - yeah right!  Luckily I had some class supplies at home and between Zoe and myself on the first day of the show, we came up with the above layout.  The description of the workshop that people were expecting was that it had to have a surprise and a technique and had to be finished in 45 MINUTES!!!!!! Wow, no pressure then LOL!  But we did it and the class loved it.  The surprise was the lift up photo mat and the technique was one of Monica's lovely blooms made from the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle punch.  We had to do another workshop on the Saturday for 20 too but we had to use Old Olive Green that day as whilst I hold a good collection of products at home (just in case, you understand!), I didn't have enough of the pink after Day 1.

So, after managing the challenge, it just so happened that Zoe and I realised that the layout was very similar to this weeks sketch challenge on STAMP WITH US!  Result - my challenge entry was done LOL!

Thankfully, I had Monday as my day off of work and I was very shocked, very excited and very pleased to open the door to the  below - flowers and chocolates, what more could a girl want or need!  These were from my lovely downline Cate who had worked very hard on the stand on Friday and Saturday.  Shouldn't I be sending her flowers, you might ask?

Well, as the lovely Stampin' Up! upline that I am ( :-) ) I had organised the whole stand, organised the Make & Takes, organised the workshops, organised the displays, the tables, the samples, the raffle prize, the raffle forms and paid for it all myself!  Cate and several more of my downline, got the opportunity to come on the stand and put their details in the customers hands.  Now Cate only lives 10 minutes away from where the Make It Show was so she was able to offer local people workshops, classes and more and let's just say, I'm sure that Cate will be doing very well with her SU! business soon!  So it was a show of her appreciation - thanks Cate - your hard work was appreciated too :)  I wouldn't have survived the weekend without

1 comment:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Natalie,
Busy is the only week i know!
beautiful flowers but your obviously not going to be eating the chocs now are you!
Suzie Qx
lol the word verication is
hypercap ! lol think you might need one x