Thursday 7 August 2008

Well, Zoe came around last night......

and we ooohhhed and aaahhhhed over the Stampin' Up Starter kit and played just a little - poor lass has been in hospital and hadn't been out of the house in weeks, so I went and picked her up and she came and stroked with me just for an hour before I had to take her home again - I think she was pleased to get out of her house and I guess nice to have a change of scenery. Managed to put my first order in (with some extras for Zoe of course!) so with any luck that will be here early next week.

Been frantically trying to do everything before I go away next week - why is there always so much to do?

Got a couple of DT pieces to do before I go away, which if I don't get done tonight will get done tomorrow (yay, I've got a day off work!) or over the weekend. My mum is taking the boys on a steam train on Saturday so Damon and I have actually got a day to ourselves on Saturday - it's unheard of, I almost don't know what to do! Although, one look at my "List of things to do before we go away" should give me plenty of ideas!

Mum and a friend are going to be painting our kitchen while we are away (I love my mum!) so I've got to get that organised and the kitchen emptied before we go away too. Then new flooring down when we come back - should look fab. Then onto Ethan's room, which is in desperate need of an overhaul.












Anyway, hadn't put any pictures on the blog yet, so thought that I would leave you with a layout that I did for the Scrapbook Mate DT blog. It's a layout about my oldest son and what he is like now that he has just turned 9 - can't believe it, what happened to my little baby boy?
You can click on the pictures to see them bigger if you want to.
It was KI Memories week and I was trying to show that you can use their Lace cardstock as it is but you can also use it as a template. I covered some with embossing paste and then peeled back the cardstock to leave an embossed image (see the white patterned squared with the buttons on.)

The photos are never as good as the real thing but you can see a close up of the white doodling and the embossing paste above too.

Just had a thought too. I've currently got quite a few 12 x 12" scrapbook albums for sale. They are all brand new, still in packaging and are canvas covered. I'm after £5 each and the postage is £5 for up to three albums to be posted out. If you want anymore, then I'll have to work out what it is, but I have the following colours:
Light blue, Navy blue, Red, Cream, Purple, Light Pink, Hot Pink, Khaki.

Here is a picture of one and just to give you an idea, I've got "about" 10ish of each colour. If you are interested in any, please contact me via the Email Me link above. Don't forget that I go on holiday next Friday, so if you want them before I go, best be quick. I can take cheque, paypal or bank transfer. Great for those scrapbooking layouts, you Stampin' Up ladies!
Okay, that's a few pictures for you then. Got to go and cross some more things off my To Do List.

Have fun!

Natalie x

1 comment:

Fae said...

Hi Natalie, Caz mentioned you on her blog and I would like to purchase 1 in red and 1 in Khaki please. My email address is moonstone1405@hotmail.com if you want to get in touch for my address etc when you return from your holiday.

Many thanks
Fae